Why Join Boon + Gable?
Boon + Gable is making clothes shopping more convenient by sending a stylist with 20 items of clothes, shoes and accessories to your home. From shopping to packing to app design, we all contribute to the end-to-end process. Everyone here cares about creating amazing shopping experiences for our clients.
You'll be one of the first members of a growing and passionate team. You'll help to shape the direction of the company. You'll get to feel the love from every single one of our clients after their visit from their stylist. You'll have a real impact on people's lives.
We're a early-stage startup based in downtown San Francisco, and we're looking for both business and technical people as well as amazing stylists and stylist assistants.
A few key points about the company:
Funded by some of the smartest VCs in next generation commerce:
- Crosscut Ventures
- Crosslink Capital
- Female Founders Fund
- Structure Capital
- Fresco Capital
- 500 Startups
Who Will I Be Working With?
These lovely people:
Openings in San Francisco
First and foremost, we're looking for individuals who genuinely enjoy helping people and have an understanding of how to dress men and women of all body shapes. Our personal stylists aren't pushy sales people, instead they value creating long term relationships with their clients. They are fun to be with and truly care about helping people look and feel their best.
We’re looking for:
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- A tech-savvy individual who has an iPhone
- A results oriented person who wants to be part of a high-energy, high-impact team
- A highly personalized character who can provide focused attention on the customer
- A creative who's also business minded
- Someone with sales experience, preferably in a client-building business (think proactive, not reactive selling)
- An individual with strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- A person who has an appreciation for apparel, a good sense of style, and the ability to carry oneself well
- A poised individual who is comfortable with men and women of all styles, ages, and background
- A go-getter who has a driver's license and a car
Our Operations Associates are key to our operations. The position requires strong organizational skills, a keen eye for detail, and comfort working in a collaborative, fast-paced and constantly evolving environment. We're looking for a few more part-time assistants to join our team.
What you’ll be doing:
- Shopping for a pre-defined list of merchandise from various stores
- Purchasing and returning the merchandise before and after the visits
- Communicate, problem-solve and troubleshoot daily operational issues as they arise
We're looking for an experienced full-stack engineer to help us improve our product and customer experience. You'll be designing, implementing, testing, and maintaining new features on the server side and in the client-facing web portion of our system.
Our stack: Ruby on Rails, backed by Postgres and running on Heroku. The backend provides a JSON API to an iOS native app for our clients and stylists, as well as a client-facing webapp and web-based admin dashboard.
What you should already have:
- Good sense of architecture and system design
- Experience building reliable and extensible systems
- Development experience for both mobile and desktop web
- Great communication skills
- Excitement about working with a small team - you'd be one of our first engineers